Social Host

Our 2015 Social Host campaign: Is the Party at Your House?

Radio Ad  Flyer
Social Host Flyer PDF

Click on this image to print or save PDF

Kanabec County and the City of Mora passed social host ordinances in 2010. 96% of Kanabec County residents are covered by a Social Host Ordinance.

Social Host Ordinances make persons criminally responsible for hosting events or gatherings where persons under 21 years of age possess or consume alcohol, regardless of whether the person hosting the event or gathering supplied the alcohol. Enforcement of these ordinances is ongoing, and violators continue to be prosecuted.
Click Here to view the Kanabec County Social Host Ordinance
Click Here to view the City of Mora Social Host Ordinance

Members of the Substance Abuse Coalition of Kanabec County (SACK) collaborated with the Kanabec County Attorney’s Office, Kanabec County Sheriff’s office and students at Mora High School to pass social host ordinances in Kanabec County and the City of Mora in 2010. Any person who violates either of these ordinances is guilty of a misdemeanor and is subject to a penalty of up to 90 days in jail and/or a $1,000 fine.

Social host ordinances have not yet been passed in the cities of Grasston, Ogilvie and Quamba. Because a county ordinance is only  enforceable in the unincorporated areas of the county, cities must pass their own social host ordinances. Coalition members wish to hold all individuals accountable for allowing underage drinking to occur regardless of where it occurs in Kanabec County.

Be a Good Neighbor

Be on the look out for:

  • underage parties in fields, barns/sheds, etc.
  • youth obtaining alcohol from adults at parties or outside of retail establishments
  • unknown vehicles frequenting a location at all times of the day or night
  • large gatherings of cars or people at homes when parents or guardians are out of town


Content is Informational Only
The content of this site including text, graphics, images, and all other material are for informational purposes only. The information contained here is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. ALWAYS seek the advice of your physician or other qualified professional with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read here!

If you are in a life-threatening situation or have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.